In the early part of my adult life, I used to regularly buy a mixed case of wines from the Southern Rhône en primeur from the Wine Society. Unbelievably, these wines cost less than £10 a bottle and could age for the best part of a decade. Those wines have gone up a bit in price but are still great value, as are the top wines of the south. Because of their rarity, the top wines of the northern Rhône are always going to be more expensive but are also include some of the world’s greatest wines. Yes, I do love northern Rhône Syrah.
- Syrah spectacular – a memorable evening with Syrah from around the world but the highlights were from the Northern Rhône
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape – world-famous, rich and ripe wines, what’s not to like?
- Tavel – a famous, old, rosé-only appellation in the Southern Rhône
- Vineyard worship – the second half of this pictorial journey deals with some of the great vineyards of the two halves of the Rhône
- Rhône varieties, home and away – this does what it says on the ton!
Return to France homepage