The future is … Piemonte!
My new project is to research and write a book on The Wines of Piemonte, to be published by the Classic Wine Library. Barolo and Barbaresco are among the world’s greatest wines. But there is so much more to Piemonte:
- the emerging Nebbiolo wines of Alto Piemonte
- the rise and rise of Barbera
- sparkling wines, both Moscato and Chardonnay/Pinot Noir blends
- the regional white wines, Cortese, Arneis, Timorasso, Nascetta
- and all the fascinating local red varieties. There is so much to explore, so much to enjoy, so much to write about!
Follow the story at:
I created this website in 2009 to showcase my independent writing and photos on wine regions, with a focus on Italy and France. Now I am working on a full-length book on the wines of Piemonte.
Tuscan harvest watch
For a ninth season, during the harvest of 2019, growers from wineries in key Tuscan regions made regular reports with pictures on this promising year. Each year brings its unique challenges. In these posts and pictures you can share in the producers’ challenges and triumphs. Also available are 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011.
Andover Wine Friends
Back in Hampshire Janet and I run a friendly wine group which explores the world of wine: famous and less well-known regions, wine styles, grape varieties and more. We typically have one tasting and one fine wine supper each month, all at a reasonable price. You can see the current programme here. Newcomers are always welcome. If you are interested email me.