Welcome to Winefriend
Dear winelovers, welcome to Winefriend. I’m David Way, wine writer and educator based in London and Hampshire in the UK. The following pages are my thoughts, experiences, and learnings as I’ve travelled far and wide to explore the world of wine to its fullest.
With a keen interest in the wines of both France and Italy, I’d love you to join me on my journey through these wonderful countries and regions and share my enjoyment of their fabulous wines.
Latest News From Winefriend
- the emerging Nebbiolo wines of Alto Piemonte
- the rise and rise of Barbera
- sparkling wines, both Moscato and Chardonnay/Pinot Noir blends
- the regional white wines, Cortese, Arneis, Timorasso, Nascetta
- and all the fascinating local red varieties. There is so much to explore, so much to enjoy, so much to write about!
Follow the story at:
I created this website in 2009 to showcase my independent writing and photos on wine regions, with a focus on Italy and France. Now I am working on a full-length book on the wines of Piemonte.
Tuscan harvest watch: tenth year!
For a tenth season, during the harvest of 2020, growers from wineries in key Tuscan regions made regular reports with pictures on this promising year. Each year brings its unique challenges. In these posts and pictures you can share in the producers’ challenges and triumphs.